An In-Vehicle Monitoring System is an electronic device with a computer software program. It is installed into a vehicle primarily, to be able to find a person’s location and to ensure their safety. It also helps in maintaining communication in a fleet.
Initially, the In-Vehicle Monitoring System was invented to guarantee the safety of the employees working for oil, gas or mining companies. These people have a high mortality rate due to vehicle crashes and this can be compensated with the IVMS. Another advantage is with the IVMS; companies can easily locate and manage different fleets.
Having an IVMS is very essential and we will further discuss why.
- You can track locations: in companies like Uber, there will be many cars to track and many employees to keep an eye on. This system will make the manager’s life easier because if any mischief is done by any of the workers, it can be seen. Similarly, if a car or an employee goes missing, then it can also be identified with the help of this technology.
- Less insurance cost: many companies give a bonus offer of reducing the insurance bill if an IVMS is installed in the vehicle.
- Reduce fuel cost: the fuel cost is considerably decreased because nearby gas stations are located. Also, knowing that the employee is being watched, they tend to drive responsibly and not to unnecessary routes.
- Improved business: workers are more productive due to the fact that they are being watched. They cannot laze around during workers. Instead, they work faster and more efficiently, thus, improving business.
- Make it customer friendly: in companies like Uber, this IVSM can track the nearby cab driver and give information to customers on the waiting time. This gives convenience to the customers.
Basically, in every business, having an IVSM is very important in terms of improving the business. It locates the employees as well as provides a good communication between the boss and workers. Interested people can visit the Majees Tech Company which offers high quality equipment.